The insights gained into self, the power of the imagination, transference and counter transference will be valuable assets to counsellors in their casework.
Next Start Date:
Summer 2013 - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01-4642268 to add your name to the waiting list.
Qualification in Counselling, Psychotherapy or other helping professionals with therapeutic experience and students currently in training.Entry is by application form.
€110 (€90 for Students and Graduates of PCI College)
The content to be covered will include:
- An introduction to the history of art therapy arising out of psychoanalysis and its subsequent development and application to a wider range of theoretical approaches including Person-Centered and Gestalt modalities;
- Application of art therapy to a varied range of case work
- A study of feedback, appropriate interpretation and avoidance of interpretation in using art as a therapeutic medium
- The roles of imagination, creativity and play in a therapeutic context;
- The dynamics of a triad relationship (as opposed to a dyad) and the role of the art work in that context.
Learning will be achieved through tutor and trainee group-work and through an emphasis on the self within a group context. Resources will include: directed reading and case studies, handouts and video film.
Pauline Macey M.Sc. (Family Couns), Dip. Couns. Comp., Dip. Colour Therapy, Dip. A.D.T., Dip. Massage., M.I.A.C.P., M.N.A.P.C.P. Pauline has been a facilitator for Art as Therapy since 1992 and holds a number of qualifications in Family & Group Counselling, Mediation Counselling, Spirituality, Colour Therapy, Anatomy and Physiology and Body Massage.